To lauch WebCC, we need to use the init system. This is because:
- We want it to run in the background as soon as the machine (re)boot.
- We want to launch
ttydwith a non-privileged user for security reasons.
- We want improve UX by configuring multiple WebCC services to do
different things. For example we can have:
- one for normal standard XMPP accounts log-in.
- one to log-in to anonymous service and show all available the public MUCs on our platform.
- one to talk to a specific JID.
- one would… the sky is the limit.
There are many init software but most distro use SystemD.
If you are using any other and would like to share how you do it I would be very honered to host it to on this site.